Monday, May 24, 2010

Seminary Graduation

Erin and Bayley graduated from seminary last night. That's four years down and only fourteen more of getting kids to seminary everyday at 6 am. It is my penance for never having graduated myself. Except I have to admit that Kris does most of the driving to, I usually wake up just enough to kiss them each goodbye and take my occasional turn driving early when Kris is out of town. Instead, I take my turn driving when it is our turn in our little two-family carpool to pick up after seminary.

I should probably mention too that Erin and Bayley are officially high school graduates now also, I finished up their transcripts just last week by filling in their grades for their last semester of twelfth grade, which also happens to be their third semester at the community college, and gave them a high school graduation date. It was really just a silly and, probably, unnecessary formality since to us they left high school behind a year ago and have been full time college students for the past year. I know this is a confusing point to some of my family and friends with the way that high school just drifted into college with no 'graduation' in between. But, in a year they should be done at the community college and we will try to be more formal then and really celebrate a graduation.

In somewhat related news, Kegan and Rhys took the accuplacer (the test community colleges administer to determine college placement) and both placed into the college level in both the math and English portions of the test (that is all there is by the way-a math portion and an English portion). This means that in the fall they will both be part time students at the community college also. More blurring of the lines between high school and college, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment